Thank you for helping us with these operational procedures to ensure the safety of all our students!
- Students may enter the building at 7:30. If your child is eating breakfast, they may enter through the cafeteria at 7:30. If you are dropping your child off, please note there is no supervision outside before 7:30. If you are entering the building with your child, you must sign in with a driver’s license at the front office.
- Please do not park in the pickup lane in front of the building. We need to keep this lane moving to allow for students to be dropped off. If you want to park and walk your child in to the building, please park in the diagonal spots in front, the back parking lot, or on Hackley.
- Parking is very limited so we highly recommend walking to the building if you live close enough.
- We will dismiss at 2:40 p.m. everyday. All students will exit out of the main entrance. Siblings that are walking home together should meet at the flagpole in front of the building. If you park and come up to the building to pick up your child at the end of each day, please wait outside the main entrance. We will be able to monitor people entering and exiting the building more closely and allow your child to exit the building safely.
- If picking your child up by car, please be respectful to other drivers. Do not leave your car unattended in the pick-up lane. We will be moving cars through as quickly as possible. Do expect some heavy traffic. If you cannot pull into the pick-up lane, please loop around the block so we don’t block traffic on SW 14th. Once the students are out of the building, the pick up lane will move quickly.
- If you want to come up to the building to meet your child, you may want to park along Hackley Avenue. There is no parking in the bus lane off of SW 14th Street. This is for registered daycare providers and buses only.
- If you park in an open spot in the back parking lot, you will need to come around to the front of the building to pick up your child. Students will not be allowed to exit the building to the back parking lot. This area is very difficult for seeing children and does not allow for cars to turn around. Backing out of this area increases the chances of creating an unsafe spot for children to exit. Please be aware that parking is limited in the back and there is not a turn around.
- If your child walks, plan the route you expect him/her to follow.
*If you are changing your dismissal procedure, please send a note in writing at the beginning of the day.
*Please plan a family schedule or make daycare arrangements to assist your child in arriving at school no earlier than 7:30 a.m. and being picked up no later than 2:45 p.m. Metro Kids Care is available after school.